Next up on Audioeclectica.com’s 2019 End Of The Year Lists, the Top 10 Guitar Duos. The stipulation is that, an album/EP had to have been released this year.
Vote for your favorite in the comments section. At the end of the month, I will release the results of the readers poll.
This list is also in NO PARTICULAR ORDER!!!
01) James “Munky” Shaffer and Brian “Head” Welch- Korn
02) John Dyer Baizley and Gina Gleason- Baroness
03) Stephen Brodsky and Adam McGrath- Cave In
04) James Root and Mick Thompson- Slipknot
05) Joel Stroetzel and Adam Dutkiewicz- Killswitch Engage
06) Albert Navarro and Nathan Najera- Seizures
07) Joe Trohman and Scott Ian- The Damned Things
08) Richard Kruspe and Paul Landers- Rammstein
09) Chelsea Wolfe and Bryan Tulao- Chelsea Wolfe
10) Andrew Diaz and Matthew Wright- Harborlights
I love it when you are searching for something new to listen to and you come across a band you’ve never heard and it all just clicks. That happened to me this week when I heard the band HarborLights. When I heard the song “From Virtue (Sacrament)” I knew in an instant that this is what I was looking for. HarborLights have this really great sound that balances delicate melody along with strong dynamics that take their songs to ethereal places. The band formed about 8 years ago and since then have released 2 split EP’s and one full length. Their new album, Isolation Ritual (out September 13), is sure to be quite the album for 2019. The two songs released so far “From Virtue” and “Hold The Dark” are taking me by storm and enticing me so much that the anticipation of this album is growing by the day. HarborLights are the perfect band to put on and let the music take you away.