We are at the half way point of 2022 and I thought I’d share the best albums and EP’s of 2022… SO FAR. There have been a lot of really great albums released already, some that will compete for album of the year for sure. It’s all here in this list (in no particular order by the way)!
BEST ALBUMS OF 2022… SO FAR:
01) Greg Puciato- Mirrorcell 02) If It Kills You- Invisible Self 03) Cave In- Heavy Pendulum 04) Billy Howerdel- What Normal Was 05) Korn- Requiem 06) Author & Punisher- Kruller 07) Black Map- Melodoria 08) Absent In Body- Plague God 09) Meshuggah- Immutable 10) Coheed and Cambria- Vaxis II: A Window Of The Waking Mind 11) Vein- The World Is Going To Ruin You 12) Drug Church- Hygiene 13) Ghost- Impera 14) H09909- Skin 15) QAALM- Resilience & Despair 16) Trace Amount- Anti Body Language 17) Decapitated- Cancer Culture 18) Helms Alee- Keep This Be The Way 19) Be Well- Hello Sun 20) The Smile- A Light For Attracting Attention 21) Liam Gallagher- C’mon You Know 22) Dalek- Precipice 23) Deaf Club- Productive Disruption
BEST EP’S…SO FAR:
01) Centershift- A Different Shade 02) God Mother- Obeveklig 03) Ibaraki- Rashomon 04) Bleeding Through- Rage 05) Vio-lence- Let The World Burn 06) Deaf Club- Bad Songs Forever
STILL TO COME:
Soilwork- Övergivenheten Machine Head- Of Kingdom and Crown Muse- Will Of The People Megadeth- The Sick, The Dying… The Dead! Ken Mode- Null Lamb Of God- Omens Cycotic Youth- Cyco Up Centershift- Of
DATES STILL TBD:
Centershift- Full Length Don’t Panic- TBD Slipknot The Cure
This is a fun topic to get into. I listen to a ton of music on a constant basis but, there are always certain albums or songs that just stay with me and I’m compelled to continuously keep them in rotation. Being that we are only a few weeks into 2022, I still have a few albums and songs that have remained in constant play. So here’s a few albums and songs that I can’t stop listening to!
01) Centershift- My Own World (Single):
This song is tremendous. It’s the right amount of melodic rock that I dig. The accompanying video for this song is stunning and really captures the essence of the song. Definitely give this song a few spins and check out Centershift at their upcoming shows.
02) Quicksand- Colossus (Live Version):
The moment I heard this song from Quicksand’s new album, I was hooked. This song is so damn good. The riffs and rhythms along with the vocals/lyrics are superb. I had the pleasure of seeing Quicksand live a couple months back and they absolitely rocked the Troubadour. Plus having Stephen Brodsky (Cave In, Old Man Gloom, Mutoid Man, etc) on tour with them as their second guitarist and hearing him play on these new/old songs was out of this world amazing! If you haven’t heard the new Quicksand album, you should get on that!
03) Sparta- Air (Live Version):
I still remember when the debut Sparta album Wiretap Scars came out. I remember putting the album on and letting it play. A couple songs into it and then I dead stopped and started the song that just ended again. I was in total awe. That song was “Air” and it hit me at the right time. This is a perfect example of a great song with great dynamics. I remember too seeing them live back when this album came out in 2002/2003 and when they played this song live, oh my! Listen and you’ll see why almost 20 years later this song is still a gem!
04) Jane’s Addiction- Three Days (Live Version 1998 w/ Flea on Bass):
A friend of mine has been looking to expand his musical palate and I’ve been recommending bands for him to delve deep into. One of the ones I suggested was Jane’s Addiction. Naturally, I went back into the Jane’s catalog a bit too but more on the side of demos and live versions. One of my favorite eras of the band was around their Relapse reunion and Kettle Whistle album release. During this time Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers joined Jane’s for a tour and he was awesome with them. The first time I saw Jane’s was around this time and it’s forever been stuck in my head. Enjoy this one!!
05) Blink 182 with Robert Smith of The Cure- All Of This:
The other day I had a song stuck in my head but just the music and I couldn’t figure out who it was. fast forward a few hours later and I figured it out. The end result was a killer collaboration between Robert Smith of The Cure and Blink 182. On the latter’s untitled 2003 album there is a track on it called “All Of This” and it’s so damn good. Hearing this song back in 2003 was what made me buy their album. Actually, the untitled album is a great album and the best thing Blink ever did! This song is one of those that you will want to put on repeat for sure.